Sunday, May 3, 2009

Vasectomy Chronicles - Recovery Day 21

Last Thursday was the 21st after the vasectomy operation.

Recovery generally went very well with little pain or odd sensations.

I didn't quite make my goal of 25 ejaculations but did produce my 20th as a sample to take to the urologist. He was impressed that there were absolutely no sperm present, live or dead. If it had been eight weeks instead of three he would have been ready to give me the green light to "go forth and (don't) multiply".

He wanted to review a bit of literature before committing to viewing another sample before eight weeks post-vasectomy. Even as I found in my research there's little data to show when spontaneous recanalizations occur.

So we may or may not be in holding pattern for another five weeks. If things go well and smoothly this week I may still try to put forth a good argument (and sample) to attempt to get an official "all clear" before we go on vacation next week.

No comments: